Choose the Best Option to Achieve Your Dream Kitchen
There is nothing quite as exciting as planning the tiny details of your home renovation projects, especially in a kitchen makeover. From the layout, appliances, fixtures, and hardware, to the cabinetry, sink, backsplash, and wall colors, every aspect needs thoughtful planning and appropriate design choices. It may come as a surprise, but the sheer variety of options available within kitchen cabinetry can leave you confused about what’s best for your dream cook space.
The design experts at Bucks County Cabinetry & Design share some insights on the different types of kitchen cabinet doors. Our goal is to help you choose the styles that best suit your preferences, cooking habits, lifestyle, and budget.
Popular Cabinetry Styles and Kitchen Cabinet Doors
Whether it is the materials, styles, paneling, or hardware, kitchen cabinetry is customizable in creative and functional ways to make your life in the kitchen easy and efficient. For example:
- What is your preferred design aesthetic? Do you like flat and fused surfaces, inset designs, elaborate carved surfaces, distressed looks, or something else?
- What are your visibility requirements? Do you want a see-through door to showcase your prized possessions, or prefer to tuck away all the stuff out of sight?
- Which is your dominant hand? Would you like doors that open left to right, right to left, or something unique, such as a flip up door or garage-style (tambour) door?
- Do you like door pulls where you can grip-and-pull or press-and-release? Or do you wish to upgrade to soft-close or self-close functionalities by using premium hinges?
- What kind of shelves, compartments, and storage solutions do you need?
While all the above decisions will help you determine the type of kitchen cabinetry you need, here are some options for different types of kitchen cabinet doors:
- Shaker Style: Dating back to the 18th century, shaker style cabinets are the most popular cabinet design in today’s kitchens. With a simple recessed panel, clean lines, and an emphasis on utility, shaker-style doors lend themselves well to any home décor style – from contemporary to traditional.
- Contemporary or Slab or Flat Paneled: Contemporary or flat paneled doors are all about streamlined, yet stunning designs, along with greater ease of maintenance. Made from chic, glossy materials, contemporary doors are hardware-free. They make a statement in simplicity and minimalism. Slab or flat paneled doors come in decorative laminate or wood and minus any intricate details. They can up the style quotient of your kitchen and are a great fit in any modern interiors.
- Glass-Fronted: When used sparingly in combination with other cabinet styles, glass fronted doors can add an element of drama to your cook spaces. They offer an excellent option to showcase your memorabilia, vintage cookware, or decorative glassware collection, without the dust and grime that may come with open shelving storage.
- Rustic Country Style: Emphasizing the rich grain and texture of wood, rustic country-style cabinets are all about showcasing the raw qualities of wood that add warmth and character to any home. These doors usually feature a distressed look and do not have elaborate architectural details.
- Louvered: Featuring horizontal wood slats that add texture and interest to the kitchen, louvered doors offer a unique aesthetic to your cook space. They also provide the added functionality of better ventilation. This is especially useful while creating a pantry for items, such as potatoes, garlic, or onions that are prone to absorbing moisture in the air and breeding mold.
- Traditional: Featuring center panels raised with profile, contour, or beadboard details, traditional cabinet doors have become increasingly rare since modern styles have taken over. This makes traditional doors with personalized architectural millwork a coveted option for homeowners who are looking to create a unique, custom kitchen. Traditional doors look best when rendered in classic maple or dark woods.
Hire Bucks County Remodelers for Beautiful Custom Cabinetry
At Bucks County Cabinetry & Designs, we specialize in designing and delivering luxurious custom kitchens that suit your lifestyle and budget. Our experienced designers understand your requirements and draw up creative, yet practical plans that enhance your quality of living and increase your home value. Our talented crew executes the designs to perfection to help you achieve your dream kitchen. We also offer custom architectural millwork for the cabinetry, including intricate carved wooden edges and corbels, amongst others.
Whether it is raised, recessed, slab or framed doors, we have crafted a variety of cabinet door styles in our kitchen remodeling projects. Happy homeowners can vouch for our master craftsmanship, professional finishes, and consistent customer service.
Does your kitchen need a complete makeover or a simple cabinetry refresh? No matter what your requirements, hire the experts at Bucks County Cabinetry & Design. Contact us online or call 215-489-0851 to book a consultation.